Quantcast

Win XP Pro

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

szidls

Gaitor Wrestler
Hey All,
I have a puter problem. I have a P-4 2.8 gig running XP-Pro. Lately every time I need to re-boot, I get the system 32 folder to pop up on the screen. Of course it says to leave it the heck alone! All I have to do is X-out ther folder and all is well. Any ideas to why this is happening? How do I keep the folder hidden during a re-boot?:confused:
Thanks, Scott

Katchupoy

Hi Scott,

What error messages... do you have anti-virus?
What did you do last... I mean, install new software, or hardware... before u experience this one.

szidls

Gaitor Wrestler
I actually can't remember when the problem started happening. Yes I have Mcaffee antivirus and a firewall. The antivirus updates automatically. The problem happens the same with reboot and power off and on.
Scott

Scooterman

Administrator
It has been a long time since I last saw this, in wondows NT 4.0 I had the same problem.

Try uninstalling your firewall completely including the virus protection. Reboot a few times afterwards, if it clears up, then reinstall your firewall but don't up-date until you reboot to see if it does it again.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts