Quantcast

yet another one of my funny stories

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

mattseattle

i think weird things just happen to me when i'm working on my aquarium.

yesterday i was doing a water change and currently i'm buying my water from the seattle aquarium since i live so close. i went and picked up about 20 gallons of water then brought them home. after that i set up a 25 gallon bin to put the water into and warm it up and aerate it and all that. well i put a towel on over the top to keep out dust and stuff not even thinking about what my cat would do with it. i go outside to take the buckets out and then i come back in and i notice the couch is a little wet then i walk over to the aquarium and the towel has fallen into the bin. so i go back outside and get a bucket to put the towel in. i come back in and my cat is just screaming at me and i fall to my knees laughing. she was soaked from head to toe and the water was freakin' cold. i take the towel out and let the water continue to warm up. don't know why i thought it would even be remotely ok to put into my sump. well the water warms and i then transfer it to my sump. i turned on the skimmer and foam was just coming out like crazy. then i think oh crap that towel had soap still in it. sure enough it had to be soap....so i have to empty the sump, clean the skimmer, pumps and everything to make sure there isn't any soap residue left on any part. then i have to make a journey back to the aquarium and get more water and start the process allllll over again. the 2nd time around it didn't foam :)

so lessoned learned....use a hard cover lid to cover it and not a towel! :)

Paladin

Weird things

That's one great story!

I'll bet your cat has a new respect for the aquatic world!

mattseattle

i think she'll stay away from the tank during a water change next time! :) i bet it didn't taste too good when she was cleaning herself either!

mattseattle

yeah, thank god for that one! i keep the return pump unplugged so i don't accidently turn it on. it paid off yesterday. i'll have to adjust my routine next time to avoid any possible 'cat contamination' again! :)

Fly n Reef

Sky Goddess
And I thought my cat falling head first into the toilet was funny. I hope you give your kitty a bath with fresh water soon if not she is going to be a sticky smelly mess. :D

mattseattle

well i tried to catch her to dry her off but she was a little upset. so she went and hide under the bed and cleaned herself i guess. she was dry and wasn't sticky or smelly. i'm sure it was a nice taste of salt! :)

Fly n Reef

Sky Goddess
Ok maybe she doesn't stink but you might need her blood pressure checked with all the salt she is getting in her new diet. Just kidding! :D
Karen

mattseattle

*laff* she has been drinking a little water today and definitely has been cleaning herself more than usual. weird cat! :) i couldn't get mad at the whole ordeal because i felt so sorry for her.

Sati

Your kitty looks similar to my first kitty I got when I was young. I have two male kittens now that are a blessing from the pregnant stray we took in last November a few days before Thanksgiving. They'll be a year old this coming January. Noah is a brown tabby and this is Russia:

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.