Quantcast

Zoo/Clam Tank pics

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Zack

Enjoy the reef!
Hey,
I have not posted pics in awhile, just because my camera skills are not great :cry: The tank itself needs to be polished up a little, by doing some craping and scrath removal. I just got in servel zoo rock from rainbowcorals which are doing great!
Hope you enjoy them.
I have a 50 gallon 48 by 13 by 18" deep
I have 65lbs of florida aquacutred liverock and a 2" sand bed.
My sump is a 50 gallon custome made, with one part calurpa and one part xenia.
I started the tank Dec of 2001
400 watt [acronym="Metal halide light"]MH[/acronym] radium and 2 28 watt [acronym="Power compact fluorescent"]PC[/acronym]'s and 2 moonlights
In the tank i have a purple tang, cardinal and one green chromis
I have 8 clams and about 10 diffrent kinds of zoos along with a little monti and 2 mushrooms some other corals (plate, closed brian)

Xenia refugium

Calurpa/Cheto Refugium

Zoos

More zoos

more

Love these guys!

Zoos with flash

Much nicer in person, BRIGHT yellow

Thanks for looking,
Zack

Last edited:

Zack

Enjoy the reef!

Clam!

Only mushrooms i have

Monti

Full tank system with Tank, Refugiums, Kalk reactor and my fresh RO container which feeds to the reactor.

Full tank, yes i know i have some scraping to do :(

big t

tankless
Wow, that is a nice sump! :D How is that Kend float valve working for ya w/ the kalk reactor?

Your tank is looking great Zack. I really like your clams alot. Once I get the new tank stabilized I will definately start adding more clams.

Zack

Enjoy the reef!
Sure is a nice sump! I can't believe with having it for just a few months it is almost all corraline algae.

Zack

Enjoy the reef!
yea! If i could go back, the only thing i would really change is water level, just very low. But other then that, everything is working great!

big t

tankless
Well sorry you are a little unhappy w/ the water level. I decided to go w/ 13" depth in my new one and it will have 5 inches to fill up giving me about 14 gallons of back siphon capacity, which should be more then enough

Zack

Enjoy the reef!
Quote Well sorry you are a little unhappy w/ the water levelQuote

No problem, not your fault. I can't wait to see how yours turns out.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts